What is CalAPTThe California Association for Play Therapy is a state branch of the Association for Play Therapy. Our members come from throughout the state and represent a variety of professions and disciplines, including counselors, psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, teachers, recreational therapists, nurses, and interns. We have received the Association For Play Therapy's highest award of "Gold Branch."
Our GoalOur primary purpose is to provide a forum for the discussion of play therapy ideas and concerns. We publish a newsletter quarterly and sponsor two annual regional conferences. Chartered in 1993, we are a non-profit organization with the following goals:
- Seek to advance the discipline of play therapy.
- Conduct and foster programs of education in the field of play therapy.
- Promote sound play therapy practices in the interest of society and the individual.
- Advance high standards of professional conduct by conducting educational and professional meetings and conferences.
- Inform and educate the general public and the mental health community about the play therapy profession.
- Establish contacts with various organizations for support and educational pursuits Advocate for the rights of children, their families and significant others.