The California Association for Play Therapy Northern Conference Presents:
Playing Perfectly: A Play Therapist’s Guide for Working with OCD in Play Therapy
Presented by Lisa Dion, LPC, RPT-S
Earn 6 Contact CEs
June 26, 2021 – 9:30am-4pm PST
Workshop Description From perfectionism to anxiety to self–doubt, the world of a child struggling with OCD can be incredibly overwhelming. Come explore how to support these children in play therapy and discover how their need for perfection is in fact perfect.
- List the symptoms of OCD and how they present themselves in play therapy
- Describe OCD and perfectionism as a strategy to regulate the nervous system and how to support the child’s need for regulation
- Describe the possible connection between OCD and a child’s genius and the implications of this when working with OCD in play therapy
- Identify how play therapy helps a child with OCD and perfectionism learn how to regulate through their anxiety and need for perfectionism.
- Discover ways to help a child integrate and manage some of the fears that may be driving the perfectionistic behaviors
- Describe how a therapist’s own perfectionism in a play therapy session can hinder or support a child’s play therapy process
Continuing Education: This workshop meets the qualifications for 6 hours of contact continuing education credit per day for Psychologists, MFTs & LCSWs and LPCC’s. The California Association for Play Therapy (CALAPT) is approved by the Association for Play Therapy to offer continuing education specific to play therapy (APT Approved Provider # 00-094). Due to COVID-19 health concerns, this one-time online event has been approved by APT for 6 CONTACT CE Hours. The California Association for Play Therapy is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Psychologists may receive 6 hours of continuing education credit for this workshop. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) now recognizes APA continuing education credit for license renewal for LCSWs, MFTs and LPCCs. The California Association for Play Therapy maintains responsibility for this program and its contents. NO CREDIT FOR PARTIAL ATTENDANCE.
Who Should Attend: Social Workers, Marriage, Family & Child Therapists, Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors, School Counselors, Psychologists, Students, and Interns.
Instructional Level: Introductory
Cancellations & Refunds: Requests for refunds must be made in writing by e-mail to email@example.com. Requests must be made at least two weeks prior to the training to receive a refund. There is a $25.00 administrative fee for refunds. There are no refunds for cancellations after the deadline, however, registration may be transferred to another individual. There are no price breaks for partial attendance.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by presenters at the CALAPT events do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the CALAPT Board of Directors or its membership. CALAPT reserves the right to make changes to the conference schedule, speakers and presentation, if this becomes necessary.
If you have a disability and need accommodations per ADA/504, please provide notification 2 weeks prior to the workshop date.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any event or registration related questions or to request more detailed learning objectives. Hope to see you at the event!