Date: Saturday, August 15, 2020, 8:45am-4:30pm
Location: Live via Zoom
Presenter: Jeff Ashby, PhD, RPT-S
Cost (Register before 7/25/20 for an early bird discount!)
- APT Members (Use code aptmem): $99 ($89 before 7/25!)
- Non-Members: $119 ($109 before 7/25!)
In this experiential workshop, participants will review ethical theories and models of ethical decision-making relevant to play therapy applications. Special emphasis will be placed on developing professionals’ understanding of decision-making processes used in arriving at ethical courses of action in four primary areas of emphasis in professional ethics codes and the APT Practice Guidelines.
About the Presenter:
Dr. Jeff Ashby is a Professor in the Department of Counseling and Psychological Services at Georgia State University. He is the Director of GSU’s Play Therapy Training Institute, the Co-Director of Center for the Study of Stress, Trauma, and Resilience, a licensed psychologist, a Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor, and a Diplomate of the American Board of Professional Psychology.
Learning Outcomes - As a result of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- list the assumptions and theories behind ethical decision making models,
- identify and explain a practical model for ethical decision-making in play therapy,
- explain how ethical decision-making models can apply to issues of informed consent in play therapy,
- explain how ethical decision-making models can apply to issues of competence in play therapy,
- explain how ethical decision-making models can apply to issues of confidentiality in play therapy,
- explain how ethical decision-making models can apply to issues of dual relationships in play therapy.
- 8:45-8:55 am Log into webinar
- 8:55 am Introductions
- 9:00 am – 10:30 am Play Therapy Ethical Decision-Making Models.
- 10:30 am – 10:45 am Break and RAFFLE!
- 10:45 am – 12:15 pm Play Therapy Informed Consent
- 12:15 pm – 1:15 pm lunch break and RAFFLE!
- 1:15 pm – 2:45 pm Play Therapy Ethical Competence
- 2:45 pm – 3:00 pm Break and RAFFLE!
- 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm Confidentiality and Dual Relationships in Play Therapy; Q&A
This workshop meets the qualifications for 6 hours of non-contact continuing education credit per day for Psychologists, MFTs & LCSWs and LPCC's. The California Association for Play Therapy (CALAPT) is approved by the Association for Play Therapy to offer continuing education specific to play therapy (APT Approved Provider # 00-094). The California Association for Play Therapy is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Psychologists may receive 6 hours of continuing education credit for this workshop. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) now recognizes APA continuing education credit for license renewal for LCSWs, MFTs and LPCCs. The California Association for Play Therapy maintains responsibility for this program and its contents. NO CREDIT FOR PARTIAL ATTENDANCE.
Who Should Attend: Social Workers, Marriage, Family & Child Therapists, Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors, School Counselors, Psychologists, Students, and Interns.
Instructional Level: Introductory
Cancellations & Refunds
Requests for refunds must be made in writing by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be made at least two weeks prior to the training to receive a refund. There is a $25.00 administrative fee for refunds. There are no refunds for cancellations after the deadline, however, registration may be transferred to another individual. There are no price breaks for partial attendance.
The opinions expressed by presenters at the CALAPT events do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the CALAPT Board of Directors or its membership. CALAPT reserves the right to make changes to the conference schedule, speakers and presentation, if this becomes necessary.
If you have a disability and need accommodations per ADA/504, please provide notification 2 weeks prior to the workshop date.
Contact us at email@example.com with any event or registration related questions. Hope to see you at the event!
California Association for Play Therapy